Just been thinking of the ways I’ve lived without fear since the first of the year…(hey, that rhymes!)
- Making friends. I’ve constantly had this thing where I feel like I’m being “annoying” and don’t want to call people up and ask them to hang out. In the past couple of months I’ve made myself contact people and my social life has taken off like a rocket. I have so many friends now! I’ve learned that 1) I’m not a terrible person to hang out with. In fact, I think I’m pretty gosh darn fun! 2) Someone isn’t a friend only if they know your deepest, darkest secrets. Friends can also be people you hang out with and call up to have a good time! 3) Having a big circle of friends is amazing.
- Training. I’ve pushed myself to new limits and I’ve accomplished a lot in the past couple months when it comes to running.
- Running with other people. Going along with making friends, I’ve put myself out there by joining a running group. While I haven’t been able to meet up with members as much as I’d like, I’ve put myself out there and had a couple of running dates. I even went to a track workout knowing that everyone there was going to be faster than me.
- Dancing in public. I’ve always been hesitant to dance in public, but about a month ago I went to a bar and let myself go crazy like I would dancing in my living room. I didn’t let myself care what anyone would think, and I had the time of my life.
- Taking risks in the classroom. I’ve tried a lot of new things in the past few weeks – things that I wasn’t sure would work. Out of those things I had some real flops, but I’ve had even more successes. As a result I’m really starting to feel like a teacher.
- Not hiding my quirks when talking to someone new. That one is pretty self-explanatory. : )