- In 2009 I was depressed and on medication; in 2010 I was medication free and, for the first time in a long time, truly happy.
- In 2009 I was unemployed; in 2010 I got my first big-girl job.
- In 2009 I was 60+ pounds overweight, weighing 189 pounds at my highest (I’m only 5’2″); In 2010 I lost about 35 pounds and now weigh 155.
- In 2009 I couldn’t run for 30 seconds; in 2010 I ran my first 5K.
- In 2009 I lived with my parents; in 2010 I got my first apartment.
- In 2009 I didn’t acknowledge God’s existence; in 2010 I developed a relationship with Him and joined a church.
- In 2009 I was completely dependent; in 2010 I gained my independence.
- In 2009 I felt stuck; in 2010 I learned that life is about moving forward, making each day better than the last.
And that last line is what this blog is all about.
My name is Tamara, and 2010 was my year to make positive changes regarding my mental, physical, and emotional health. With the new year around the corner, I sat down to reflect upon what I had accomplished in 2010 and to evaluate my goals for 2011. Although I had accomplished a lot in 2010, a lot of it stagnated right around July when my job started, and understandably so! When I was unemployed I had all the time in the world to work toward my goals, and I realize now that I was meant to have that time, but once I started work as a full-time teacher I had to lighten up on some things like tracking my food and working out. I stopped losing weight, but I didn’t gain anything either. I kept feeling guilty for having about 20 more pounds to lose, but only because I felt I should feel guilty. I realized that I am so happy with where I am in life that I don’t care about losing that weight right now. 2010 was the year of weight loss, but what is 2011 going to be? Read here to find out.
In the meantime, keep smiling, keep moving, and keep living…
“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.” – Buddha